Monday, May 27, 2013

I miss my boys!

Marcus and I are staying at my parents' house for the week.  Why, you ask?  Because the hubby is on a business trip and I wouldn't want to be driving to and from work alone and without my carpool-mate.  Yes, I admit I'm a lazy driver but hey, driving south to north every single day is no joke!

Anyways, it's been three days since Jax has been away and I'm so proud of myself for not missing him that much.  Until tonight, that is.  Today happens to be my mother-in-law's birthday and she requested little dude to be picked up so she could spend time with him as our "birthday gift" to her.  That was fine because I was going to work anyway so I said yes.  However, I'm here back home and I'm used to not having a sweet boy greeting me with a "Hi, ma!" at the door. 

So, I thought to myself, this is how it feels when my baby becomes a teen and his dad is out on a race (Could he still be racing by then??!) or maybe they're together doing whatever boy-stuff. Oh, just thinking about it is making me sad.  I really should cherish this period when Marcus says I'm his favorite and his best friend.  Oh, baby, I need more time!  Can we possibly freeze time and stay like this forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment