Thursday, February 16, 2012

School Hunt, Take Two

We had the chance to take Marcus to a trial class in another school near our village.  Good thing hubby thought of this other option when I was a little bummed that the first school we tried didn't meet my standards.  I think this is IT - my little dude's first school! 

I like it because it matches my 3 main requirements - proximity, English-speaking teachers, and "scientific" methods.

Let's walk through with photos...

This is how it looks from the entrance to the building.  I like how it's far from the main road.
Before you enter the room, there's a nice little play area.
Teacher Rizelle assisting Little Dude

This school uses the montessori method of teaching.  Seeing these materials (how the tools and "toys" are called), I got filled with a feeling of familiarity.  Then I remembered, these were the same stuff I used when I first went to school in OB Montessori in Dasma Vill!  How cool!  This just goes to show that it's an "authentic" montessori school, hindi lang sa pangalan.

Maria Montessori, the founder of the montessori educational method, believed in making use of the senses to learn. The numbers on these boards are actually textured so when you touch it, you will feel the difference between the number itself and the rest of the slab.

That's Marcus and his new friend Topher.  They're playing with the binomial and trinomial cubes. Pang-Algebra na ang level te! Kahit ako mahihirapan ata gawin ito!

This is how the room looks like.  There's only one huge area.  I guess because it's a small school, the students interacting with each other are at mixed levels but on different programs, depending on their progress. 

The teacher's assessment of Marcus at the end of the class is that he has a strong personality and that he's a fast learner.  I hope she's just not saying that to talk us into enrolling.  Hehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment