Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lex - A Car Story

Last Saturday night, I was on the phone with my mom when suddenly the call got cut.  At first I thought it was the usual connection problem so I called again.  By this time it was my dad who picked up the phone, and all he said was, "Nabangga kami." and the line got cut again.  Imagine my praning moment right there!

It turned out a truck hit them at the back which caused them to lurch forward, hitting three other cars ahead.  In short, our car was sandwiched and wrecked right there.  It was a blessing that my parents weren't hurt at all, not even a bruise (Thank you, Lord!), but I couldn't help but feel a little sad.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=d207e592ae&view=att&th=139d3d68dcb62eab&attid=0.5&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9HI5XA3d3oWEn2W9P4kVbN&sadet=1347977855727&sads=US6uE82sDpOs9OlbW5ifskYGZZQ&sadssc=1
Whoa!  Poor car! :(
You see, that used to be my car.  It's an old Lancer GLXI.  My parents bought that for me when I was 4th year in college with the money that was supposed to be for my college insurance fund (which I never got to use). I was the one who named it Lex.

It's what I used when I was finally allowed to drive on my own going to UP.  It was the car I drove to Manila Hotel for our graduation ball and after-party.  It was witness to my first MMDA ticket. It's "him" (yes, I'd like to think it's a guy) with whom I experienced a flat tire and an overheat that I had to stop by a gas station to ask for help.  It's the one I used to drive to my ex-boyfriend's place just to put a closure to our on-and-off-it's-complicated relationship.  It was the car I bumped in my attempt to go around Morayta during our board exam review.  It was my ride to and from the office on my first job in Cavite.  It was hubby and I's date car on our Tagaytay trips. Aaaaaaww.. so many memories with my Lexie boy!

Thanks, Lex, for the places you took me to.   Will you be in car heaven soon?  I may have not taken very good care of you but I will miss seeing you in my parents' garage.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment