Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How We're Spending Rainy Days at Home

Rain took a vacation here in the Philippines and decided to stay for a while.  Sigh.  All these dark clouds and drizzle-one-moment-then-heavy-rainfalls-the-next downpours and mud puddles and news about floods are making me sad and sentimental.  So. Uncool.

Good thing I have my little ray of sunshine here at home.
Just woke up! How could you not love this little dude?!
The only consolation I have from this weather is that we were sent home yesterday and I had some time with Marcus.  Since we can't go biking outside or go to the playground, this is what we are keeping ourselves busy with:

His turtle alphabet puzzle!!!
We're also starting to train him to work in his own desk (which is just beside the office desk in our room) so that hopefully soon we could both do our own stuff at the same time - him reading or playing while me blogging!  I think it's going to work, with a little more practice, because now as I type, he's pointing out the puzzle pieces and saying the letters aloud while showing it to me.

He won't stop saying the letter over and over until you repeat what he just said.  Oh, kids seeking approval and confirmation! We parents could only wish they'd ask this from us forever.
He puts the pieces on the same layer in the puzzle into a pile.  Could this be a sign of OC behavior?
These are priceless (and sadly, rare) moments I get to share with my little dude.  To me he'll be the smartest, funniest little guy with whom I will forever wish I had the luxury of time to spend every second with.  I want to wish no-work rainy days come more often but that may not exactly be a good thing for mankind.  Hehe. 

Stay safe, everyone! Let's all pray that the sun finally comes out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment