Monday, August 13, 2012

Small Miracles


Yesterday, I went to church with little dude.  There was this guy who gave a talk on how he is at a low point in his life, his voice was shaking the entire time.  He shared that his family is going through a financial difficulty and that earlier that morning, he and his wife prayed.  They started their prayer by giving thanks and in the process realized there's so much to be thankful for!  Amidst their troubles, he concluded that, in fact, he was actually spoiled by God! What a wonderful reflection!  He ended up praying for the entire church (in between stifled sobs) to experience this same blessing from Above - to feel that God IS a giving God and that He WILL give more than what we could ever ask for.  I was wiping my tears too as he finished his sharing.

This made me think.  The past few weeks, I've been feeling really low.  In fact, yesterday, I suddenly burst into tears and hugged the hubby tightly as I sobbed.  But recalling what I learned from the Sunday service, nahiya naman daw ako bigla.  Here I am, feeling like I have the most pathetic life, when in fact, I am so blessed!

I have two miracles today:

  1. Opening Jax's office bag and finding a mobile phone he won from a raffle last week.  Perfect since my Galaxy tab broke down and I need another phone to be used for official business. Can God be any more knowing of what I need?
  2. Comfortable commute becoming an eye-opener.  As I drove out of our office parking lot, I saw two of our assistants on their way out too so I asked them if they wanted to hitch a ride.  When I dropped them off, one of them said, "Thank you, ma'am.  Naka-swerte pa kaming nakasabay sa inyo."  Who am I to complain when I've been living a relatively easy life?
Sometimes, all it really takes is to believe that you are blessed and favored by God. Now I feel a lot better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment