Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Marcus' First "Exam"

When I got home from work last Tuesday, yaya told me to check the little dude's diary.  He's going to have an exam daw, so I did check it out and here's what I found:


Oooooh.. so a graded recitation, as we call it during my time (what's it called nowadays anyway? just recitation?).  It was the first time that Marcus' school actually gave "us" something to do so I got kinda excited.  And panicky.  Haha!  The stage mother in me of course wanted nothing less than a perfect score for my boy.  I was confident with the alphabet, no problem with that.  But for the numbers, I was a bit hesitant.

The following day, I dropped by National Bookstore on my way home and bought puzzles and books.  Puzzles interest my little dude so I bought a number puzzle where he has to slot in the numbers in the right spaces.  I was hoping that would do the trick.  That and the practice we did before going to bed, that is.

Come Friday, we got Marcus' diary back and this is what Teacher Riza had to say - "He read all the letters and numbers but can't pronounce them properly."  Haha! Well, he's a little bulol but still, he was able to express how his brain interprets those figures.  So proud of you, my Marcus!

Next up - "Familiarize the numbers 11-20.  Recitation on Wednesday."  Yikes!  The long weekend is almost over and we haven't practiced yet.  Hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment