Saturday, July 7, 2012

Artsy Fartsy Mommy

I am not artistic.  Unless maarte is considered artistic, then fine, I am super artistic

Just to give you an idea... In gradeschool, I would get disqualified from getting an eagle (that's how it's called in CSA - you get a gold, red, or blue eagle depending on your average) because I'd have a C in Art (and PE!).  I can count with one hand the number of times my art work was ever displayed in our class bulletin board.

BUT for a so not artistic person, I'm one hell of a trying hard.  Hahaha!

Since I promised weeks ago that I'd be an awesome maker (and kick-ass-my-mom's-the-best mother to my little dude), I decided to get a little artsy by personalizing my son's school stuff.

I gave Marcus' ordinary and boring notebook-diary with a little more attitude.



I made this with the help of foam stickers which I got from the scrap booking section of National Book Store.  It was so simple to do!  (Is this even considered being artsy? Hahaha!) I just had to concentrate hard enough to get the perfect spacing and  alignment.

I also made a monogram for Marcus.  I wanted him to have his own little logo which we'll use to label all his things and maybe use even for gift cards, etc.  This is what I managed to come up with:


I thought his logo won't be complete without a red car because he really likes Lightning McQueen and it's one of the first words he uttered so I sort of forced it there.  Do you think it's off?

One of these days I really hope I could get my hands on his scrap book and all the other projects I'm planning.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment